- This blog enumerates the errors found in the "Lives of Sri Aurobindo" by Peter Heehs. Most readers do not know what the primary sources contain so they mistakenly assume that the text is without errors.
ContactMy email is wp.san777 AT gmail
- History of Kidney trouble-page 406
- Sexual union dignified by marriage – page 318
- Romantic Relationship – page 326
- His followers – page 277, preface, epilogue
- Undermining the Adesh page 204
- Disciples used to plagiarize – page 394
- Defaming the Ashram community – page 373
- Demeaning devotion – page 343
- Misleading remarks page 328
- Poems after 1943 are uncharacteristically dark – page 398
- On the Mother’s trip to Japan – page 260 and 319
- Madame Theon’s revelations are bizarre – page 253
- Amplifying Jitendral Lal Banerji’s negative remark : pp 101-102
- Seed-tree metaphor : page 203
- Distortion of the episode involving Vivekananda’s guidance to Sri Aurobindo in Alipore jail (page 178)
- Secret of the Veda – page 266
Author Archives: anahata
On page 406, Peter incorrectly claims that Sri Aurobindo had a history of kidney trouble. Advertisements
On page 318, Peter Heehs alleges that Sri Aurobindo engaged in “sexual union dignified by marriage”.
Description on page 326 arouses suspicion of the relationship between Sri Aurobindo and the Mother.
In various places in the book, Peter Heehs undermines the very community he belongs to. He ridicules Sri Aurobindo’s “followers” as being naive and uncritical in order to demonstrate his own objectivity to the reader. A member of the Ashram … Continue reading
Sri Aurobindo received an Adesh(Divine command) from his Divine guide, Krishna, to go to Chandernagore and then to Pondicherry. The author tries to rationalize this Adesh below and in the process undermines Sri Aurobindo.
The following passage on page 394 claims Sri Aurobindo’s disciples used to plagiarize his works!
On page 373, he defames the members of the Ashram where he has lived for the past 40 years.